draggin' my canoe



23 Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for he who promised is faithful.  24 And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works,  25 not neglecting to meet together... but encouraging one another...  


I've long been guilty of being one of those "martyr mommies" who doesn't even have time for a shower... poor me. Even so, I recognize when I need a little refresher and God is so good that he lines that up just perfectly with the hearts of my friends. Tonight my sweet girls will go on a "daddy date" while I spend some much needed time on someone else's couch with some girlfriends talking about whatever it is that we end up talking about. No agenda. Just sharing and support and laughter. If you don't take this sort of time with friends for yourself, DO. It's not selfish, it's SCRIPTURAL. Stir it up! Hang out. Encourage each other. Love. Do good. Build altars. Stand on those promises. Be happy. (Special thanks to my girlfriends for pulling my canoe when I can't, for encouraging me in all of these things and for inspiring me to encourage you.)

Comments

  1. Good for you, your time to yourself and your girlfriends is well deserved. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good stuff! I HIGHLY recommend it. So glad I got to spend some time with you today too. Thanks so much for the bracelet. I LOVE IT!!! What a precious way to mark God's sweet promises of today and a very special friendship. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad to hear you say this, Julia. Just wish you could have come to the beach with us. Next year, I hope, as having "YOU" time is a refresher that makes us better wifes, moms, employees, etc.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment