Pages

8.15.2010

who am I?


Who am I in Christ?

I am God’s child (John 1:12)

I am assured all things work together for good (Romans 8:28)
I am confident that God will perfect the work He has begun in me (Philippians 1:6)

I have not been given a spirit of fear, but of power, love and self-discipline (2 Timothy 1:7)

I have purpose (Ephesians 1:9 & 3:11)
I have hope (Ephesians 1:12)

I have been chosen and God desires me to bear fruit (John 15:1,5)

I am alive with Christ (Ephesians 2:5)

I am God’s workmanship (Ephesians 2:10)

I have peace (Ephesians 2:14)

I am a holy temple (Ephesians 2:21; 1 Corinthians 6:19)

I am a dwelling for the Holy Spirit (Ephesians 2:22)

God’s power works through me (Ephesians 3:7)

I can approach God with freedom and confidence (Ephesians 3:12)

I can bring glory to God (Ephesians 3:21)

I can be certain of God’s truths and the lifestyle which He has called me to (Ephesians 4:17)

I can have a new attitude and a new lifestyle (Ephesians 4:21-32)

I can give thanks for everything (Ephesians 5:20)

I can be strong (Ephesians 6:10)

I am growing (Colossians 2:7)

I am His disciple (John 13:15)

I am prayed for by Jesus Christ (John 17:20-23)

I am promised a full life (John 10:10)

I am victorious (I John 5:4)

I am set free (Romans 8:2; John 8:32)

I am a light in the world (Matthew 5:14)

I am more than a conqueror (Romans 8:37)

I am not helpless (Philippians 4:13)

I am overcoming (I John 4:4)

I am persevering (Philippians 3:14)

I am a new creation (2 Corinthians 5:17)

I am victorious (1 Corinthians 15:57)

This lives on my mirror. It has for a long time. I'm not sure exactly where it came from as it saved as a doc on my mac, but I think it is likely a compilation of things I've read. I've seen these scriptures referenced in several books - so google it if you want. (If you know whom to properly credit, please help me out). Pick your own and CLAIM THEM! I arm myself with these truths every morning. I'm quite sure it would be pretty bad if I didn't. This week's - I have a new attitude: "Be HERE now." My here and my now are beautiful gifts from above perfectly made for me. So many people around me are hurting in their here and now.  I truly hope show more gratitude and joy in telling my story. I've learned this week - our here and our now are only that. Here. Now. We're not promised tomorrow, so let's make the most of the time we have. 


3 comments:

Zack said...

Have you heard "Be Here Now" by Ray Lamontagne? if not, check it out. here's a little piece..

"Don't let your mind get weary and confused.
Your will be still, don't try.
Don't let your heart get heavy.
Child, inside you there's a strength that lies."

Julia Shelton said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Julia Shelton said...

thanks for sharing, z. love rl.
here's a link, y'all check it out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBSnR4ZP2MI

Post a Comment

 

Back to TOP

Glamour Bomb Templates