live YOUR life


My Lord God, I have no idea where I am going.
I do not see the road ahead of me. I cannot know for certain
where it will end. Nor do I really know myself, and the fact that
I think I am following Your will does not mean that I am
actually doing so. But I believe that the desire to please You
does in fact please You. And I hope I have that desire in all that
I am doing. I hope that I will never do anything apart from that
desire. And I know that, if I do this, You will lead me by the
right road, though I may know nothing about it. Therefore I
will trust You always, though I may seem to be lost and in the
shadow of death. I will not fear, for You are ever with me, and
You will never leave me to face my perils alone.
the prayers of Thomas Merton via A Beautiful Mess|My Blue Canoe

Seems I'm not spending a lot of time here at the canoe. Real life has me busy- Summer lovin' on my girls, time at the pool, trips to the beach - trying to stay cool in the Texas Heat. You know the drill. I'm sure you are all enjoying the same things. Or are you? Sometimes I forget to do just that! The life God has given us affords me to do just that - ENJOY- and many times I take these beautiful things for granted. It's not that I'm not grateful for my life. It's just that I often waste the beauty that is today worrying about what will be tomorrow or perhaps even worse, what has been yesterday. Things that I can do NOTHING about. This sweet prayer is one that keeps popping up here and there in my various inboxes, so I thought I'd share it with my friends. Hope you take a minute today to enjoy being YOU and LIVING YOUR LIFE! Love to all ~ A Beautiful Mess|My Blue Canoe

Comments