he's still working on me

... Simple wisdom - the more we delight in God's presence, the more fruitful [and happy] we are. On the other hand, the more we allow those who ridicule God [read value things that encourage us to value things that are not truly important] to affect our thoughts and attitudes, the more we separate ourselves from our source of nourishment [and JOY] (NIV, Life Application Study Bible, p. 824, notes on Ps 1).
Lately a song (lyrics and link to chords below) we used to sing as kids has been my theme. GOD IS SO GOOD. He has blessed our little family beyond what I could have ever imagined and in ways I would have not considered and I am overjoyed - finally at a happy rest from my anxious thoughts. I am blessed with a handful of faithful friends and my sweet family who have stood by me when I wasn't being so joyful and my thoughts and attitude have been much less than fruitful. Thank you for your encouragement and your admonishment. I feel like I've just shown up to my own life - and it's awesome!

So for those of you who are in that yucky situation, I encourage you. Many of us are there or have been there. Seek out friends with whom to commiserate - I promise we're out there. Probably already sitting right across from you.  It truly is helpful in the healing.  And to those of you who ARE those helpful friends. THANK YOU. You are the true rock stars. You and the supportive husbands, like mine (love you).




He's still working on me to make me what I ought to be.
It took Him just a week to make the moon and stars,
The sun and the earth and Jupiter and Mars.
How loving and patient He must be, He's still working on me.
There really ought to be a sign upon the heart,
Don't judge her yet, there's an unfinished part.
But I'll be perfect just according to His plan
Fashioned by the Master's loving hands.
In the mirror of His Word reflections that I see
Make me wonder why He never gave up on me.
He loves me as I am and helps me when I pray
Remember He's the Potter, I'm the clay.

Comments