don't carpe diem

It's been brought to my attention that there is a school of thought that doesn't entirely agree with my last post. It's made up mostly of exhausted parents (including those with "grown" children). I'm grateful that I now know of this philosophy, because, try as I may, I've already failed miserably on keeping up with my daily gratitude resolution. I do see these beauties here and there, but I can't say that it's become a habit yet to journal them.  Though I do strive for true gratefulness (I've given up on greatness), I must confess most days I'm left begging for a little  of this:
 "It's helluva hard, isn't it? You're a good mom, I can tell. And I like your kids, especially that one peeing in the corner. She's my favorite. Carry on, warrior. Six hours till bedtime." 
So take a moment out of your day to read Glennon Melton's latest column  and give yourself a pat on the back. We are all just taking it one day at a time - no matter our philosophy! 

Comments